Friday, August 7, 2009

Bad Habits

I totally forgot that I had this blog!  Looks like I haven't contributed to it since last year.  Well, who knows if anyone actually reads it - but I think I'll try to post periodically.

So, last night I went to see a movie a friend of mine (girls night) and afterward we talked until almost 1am in the car.  I didn't realize that my friend was so healthy and she gave me several great tips and encouragement.  

Lately, I've been feeling a bit stressed at work - over simple things.  I've had headaches and my eyes feel blurry.  And ... I love diet coke and have so for years.  I've quit before.  I've also cut back several time.  So, here are a list of my bad eating habits:

  • Diet Coke - I grab a coke almost every morning on my way to work at the near-by gas station.  I have another from vending.  Another at lunch.  And then another at night.  
  • Eating white bread - lunch at 'good news' and 'perfect pita' almost everyday.  Horrible for my diet, and not to mention my bank account.
  • Sugar - I don't even want to know how much sugar I consume in a day and I will admit - eating candy with a diet coke is a great mix.  One of my co-workers puts out miniature candy-bars that I walk by and grab several times a day.  
So there you have it!  Sugar and Diet Coke run my life.  Before Matt and I went to Hawaii, I went on a low-carb diet that was recommended by my Dr and I lost 16 pounds.  I went from a size 12 pant to 10 and was soooo close to having to buy size 8.  I had surgery in May for endometriosis and then vacation and I haven't been on the plan since.  I haven't ran since my 1/2 marathon in April.  Needless to say, I'm not feeling the greatest right now and I know what I need to do to fix it.  Why is it so difficult to make that choice in your mind and stick to it?  When i was 'on the plan' before vaca - I didn't even crave sugar.  I had more energy and my body image was great.  

According to the scale - I've only gained back 5 or 6 pounds.  The damage could definitely be worse!

Here's to better choices!  Can I quit diet coke?  Again?


No comments: